Techno has provided Resident Engineering Inspection Services for NYCDDC in the Borough of Staten Island. The work to be completed for this particular contract consisted of replacement of deteriorated sanitary and storm sewers, as well as old unlined cast iron distribution water mains. The location of this project is Community Board 1 of the Borough of Staten Island.
This project was for the construction of storm and sanitary sewers and appurtenances (storm sewer chambers, catch basins, valves etc.) in Harvest Avenue, Broadway, West Raleigh Avenue, and Cary Avenue in the Borough of Staten Island. Work included coordinating with the NYCDDC and the NYC-DEP and any other pertinent agencies (DPR, MTA, NYPD, NYCDOT, DEC, etc.), and coordinating with the Community Board to keep them and the residents informed on construction activities.
The project involved the replacement of deteriorated sanitary sewers with new ESVP sanitary sewer varying in sizes from 10” diameter to 15” diameter as well as the replacement of old unlined cast iron distribution water mains with new Ductile Iron Pipe varying in sizes from 6” diameter to 12” diameter. Additionally, this project includes the installation of 4’-6”x3’-0” and 5’-6”x3’-0” single barrel flat top reinforced concrete box storm sewer, RCP & ESVP storm sewers varying in sizes from 12” diameter to 30” diameter, and three individual cast in place storm sewer chambers of various sizes.
- A. Sanitary Sewer: Total length = 2,250 LF, diameter of pipe 10” to 15” ESVP
- B. Storm Sewer: Total length = 1,665 LF, diameter of pipe 12” to 30” RCP & ESVP
- C. Water Main: Total length = 2,800 LF, diameter of pipe 6” to 12”, D.I. Total estimated cost: $5 million
Techno staff prepared the following to tracked progress:
- Prepared field cards
- In-service sheets, tap cards and quantity estimates and submission of payments in PIMS
- Prepared change orders and cost overruns for various aspects of the projects
- Maintained submission log for all correspondence from NYCDDC & Contractor
Point of Contact Name:
30-30 Thomson Ave, 3rd Fl Long Island City, NY 11101
Adam Alweiss, PE
Director – Borough of Staten Island