Techno is part of the WSP team for providing CM and REI services to the Port Authority for the $2.3B Design-Build new Terminal One at Newark International Airport. Techno’s staff is currently supporting all CM activity related to:
Techno’s CM Staff is working on various aspects of this project which include:
- A one-million-square-foot LEED Silver, flexible, 33-gate, common-use terminal building that will accommodate the 13.6 MAP forecast for 2027. The current concept includes a two-level T-shaped building with a central headhouse and a single secure concourse with single loaded north, and south piers, and a doubleloaded Eastern pier.
- A weather-protected, climate-controlled, above-grade pedestrian bridge, with moving walkways for passenger convenience linking the terminal and the parking garage, and also providing a current and future link to AirTrain.
- 140 acres of aeronautical paving contiguous with the new terminal and the existing adjacent airfield system that supports 33 ADG III Aircraft gates, dual ADG V taxi-lanes (North), dual ADG IV taxi-lanes (South), HOS/ TOS service roads and RON & GSE staging areas for the Terminal A Program.
- Demolition of the existing Terminal A satellites and all associated infrastructure.
- Hydrant fueling pits and associated equipment at all gates.
- A new roadway network connecting the New Terminal program with the Central Terminal Area which consists of eight new bridges, elevated and at grade frontage roads, loading dock approaches, ground transportation passenger pickup/drop-off areas, taxi-queue and bus pick-up/drop-off areas.
New Terminal Parking Garage and Toll Plaza Facility
- An “open”, naturally ventilated tiered garage structure and surface lot with approximately 3,000 close-in spots, a toll plaza facility and all other associated accessories needed to connect to the toll collection system at the airport.
Point of Contact Name:
Two Gateway Center
Newark, NJ 07102
Ray Moran, PE