NYCDDC Replacements of Storm & Sanitary Sewer and Water Main on 58th Avenue and 185th Street
Techno has provided Resident Engineering Inspection Services for NYCDDC in the borough of Queens. The work needed to be completed for this partic-ular contract consists of replacement of deteriorated sanitary sewers and old unlined cast iron distribution water mains. This project is located in the White Stone section of Queens in Community Board 7.
This project is for the construction of storm and sanitary sewer and appurtenances (storm sewer chambers, catch basins, valves etc.) on 58st Ave. in between 183rd St & 185th St., in North Queens, NY, including water main work. Work included coordinating with the NYCDDC and the NYCDEP and any oth-er pertinent agencies (DPR, MTA, NYPD, NYCDOT, DEC, etc.), and coordinating with the Community Board to keep them and the residents informed on construction activities.
The project involves the replacement of deteriorated sanitary sewers with new ESVP sanitary sewer varying in sizes from 10” diameter to 15” diameter as well as the replacement of old unlined cast iron distribution water mains with new Ductile Iron Pipe varying in sizes from 6” diameter to 12” diameter. Addition-ally, this project included the installation of 4’-6”x3’-0” and 5’-6”x3’-0” single barrel flat top reinforced concrete box storm sewer, RCP & ESVP storm sewers varying in sizes from 12” diameter to 30” diameter, and three individual cast in place storm sewer chambers of various sizes.
- A. Sanitary Sewer: Total length = 700 LF, diameter of pipe 10” to 15” ESVP
- B. Storm Sewer: Total length = 600 LF, diameter of pipe 12” to 30” RCP & ESVP
- C. Water Main: Total length = 1,300 LF, diameter of pipe 6” to 12”, D.I.
Providing Resident Engineering Inspection Services, Techno staff tracked progress through:
- Prepared of field cards
- In-service sheets, tap cards, and quantity estimates, and submission of payments in PIMS
- Prepared of change orders and cost overruns for various aspects of the projects
- Ensured timely actions for all activities
- Attended project progress meeting and documenting the meeting minutes
- Maintained submission log for all correspondence from NYCDDC & Con-tractor
Point of Contact Name:
30-30 Thomson Ave, 3rd Fl Long Island City, NY 11101
Lambert Monah, PE
Director – Borough of Bronx