Techno is providing Resident Engineering Inspection Services for NYCDDC for $5 Million Reconstruction of Clifford Place Step Street Project in the Bronx. The project comprises of construction of upper stairway 90’ x 11.5’ with 3 landings and lower stairs 40’ x 6.17’ with 4 landings. The project also include rehabilitation of retaining walls, new bicycle channel, railings, bench-es, planters and drainage system. This project is federally funded by FHWA, as well as NYCDOT and has numerous other utility stakeholders. This project is taking place in Community Board #5 in the Bronx.
Techno’s duties and responsibilities as the REI are as follows:
- Oversees contractor’s compliance with Federal Funding regulations including but not limited to: Use of EBO , a civil right reporting system for payroll auditing payment monitoring and DBE goal and schedule of utilization monitoring; Buy America Requirements that need to be complied with by NYCEDC’s selected Contractor; Davis Bacon Act and related
- Act Provisions: Minimum wage, payroll records, apprentice and Trainees requirements; Certification regarding use of contract funds for lobbying activities.
- Monitors the issuance of all contractors’ work permits and safety related permits
- Monitors construction related work activities to confirm they are con-ducted in accordance with DDC policies and regulations pertaining to safety
- Maintains documentation and conducts job progress meetings, CPM scheduling meetings, and safety meetings
- Monitors the conditions at the site for conformance with the DDC construction documents and with the Site Safety Plan
- Notifies DDC of any emergency conditions and directs the contractor to provide such labor, materials, equipment, and supervision to abate such conditions
Point of Contact Name:
30-30 Thomson Ave, 3rd Fl Long Island City, NY 11101