Techno is providing Resident Engineering Services for the NYCEDC on this Capital and Federally Funded $17 Million project at Water Street in Lower Manhattan. EDC has worked closely with the NYC Department of Transportation, Lower Manhattan Development Corporation, Alliance for Downtown New York and Manhattan Community Board 1, and an experienced consultant team to identify, prioritize, and pursue public and private funding to implement the public realm improvements. Preliminary concepts for improvements in the categories of circulation and pedestrian amenities were presented and recommendations were finalized and presented.
The Water Street Corridor Streetscape Improvement Project is expected to improve pedestrian and vehicular traffic along the corridor. The main transportation related feature of the project is the reconfiguration of the western sidewalk to include permanent sidewalk and landscape features. Techno is reviewing the design documents, providing estimates and schedule overview, and advising the client on interagency issues with NYCDOT.
Techno’s duties and responsibilities as the REI are as follows:
- Monitors the issuance of all contractors’ work and safety related permits
- Monitors construction related work activities to confirm they are conducted in accordance with policies and regulations pertaining to safety
- Maintains documentation and conducts job progress meetings, CPM scheduling meetings, and safety meetings
- Monitors the conditions at the site for conformance with the DDC construction documents and with the Site Safety Plan
- Notifies DDC of any emergency conditions and directs the contractor to provide such labor, materials, equipment, and supervision to abate such conditions