The Morrisville Yard Phase II project involved the construction of the following elements:
- Four storage yard tracks, One set-off track and one run-around track All tracks will be electrified.
- A Service and Inspection (S&I) Facility for two tracks built with a combination of pit/pedestal construction, of sufficient effective length to accommodate twelve rail cars and one locomotive.
This facility also featured:
Sand Dispensing System; Wayside Power Stations (480 volts) for both tracks; Compressed Air; Hot and Cold water; Center island platform; Rolling gantry; Sectionalized catenaries
- A 400 foot-long Wheel Truing Facility with a Car Progression system.
- The building housing the S&I and Wheel Truing facilities shall also contain welfare and sanitary facilities, and a storage area. These facilities will be heated and ventilated to provide an acceptable environment during the winter season; the welfare/office areas will have an HVAC system
- Upgrades to the switching substation and other appurtenances to support the additional trackage, and expansion of two electrical substations.
- Yard lighting system, compressed air & wayside power.
- Yard backup power.
- Yardmaster Observation tower.
- Expanded parking areas, fully paved, including pavement of parking area and intertrack walk paths built under Phase I.
- Expansion to the storm sewer management system.
Construction Management Objectives:
- Constructability and staging review to minimize change orders, claims exposure and impacts to construction
- A proper functioning, safe project, which reflects the work elements as described in the plans and specifications.
- Appropriate detailed records of all project activities.
- Strict enforcement of all rules, standards & requirements of Amtrak & NJ Transit Rail Operations Department.
Responsibilities included monitoring and inspecting all construction activity, installation work, systems implementation and overall contract administration as necessary. Such construction management services shall be conducted to ensure that all work elements will be performed and completed in compliance with contract plans, specifications, codes, permits and other regulations.
Point of Contact Name:
One Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10119-0061
homas Marko, PE
Total Contract - $110,000,000
Sub Contract - $514,677
Feb. 2006 - Feb. 2008