The Rockaway Waste Water Treatment Plant is located in the Rockaway section of Queens, New York, on the shore of Jamaica Bay. The Rockaway WPCP treats wastewater from a combined sewage collection system, which serves a population of approximately 98,000 and which drains storm water flow from an area of approximately 3,500 acres.
Work included the following tasks:
- Demolishing of damaged existing lighting system (Non explosion proof & explosion proof)
- Exit signs, socket out lets switches, and receptacles.
- Demolishing of damaged existing soffit vent cover, walls and lockers.
- Installation of lights (Non Explosion and Explosion proof or same type or equal suitable.
- Installation in wet/Corrosive/Marine area approved by NYCDEP.
- Inspection of exit sign light switches and receptacles.
- Heat tracing cable for water and fuel system of emergency/temporary boiler.
- Inspection and testing of boilers for hydrostatic pressure test.
- Inspection of installing insulation of HWR and HWS pipe for all pipe gallery of the facility.
Point of Contact Name:
CH2M Hill, Inc.
22 Cortlandt Street 31st Floor
New York City, NY 10007
Bruce Brown, PE "Construction Manager